The most important thing you can do for yourself and your family this fall is to ensure that your furnace is ready for the cold. Check that it is running operational to keep you warm and is still energy efficient to save you money. Because when that first New Jersey cold snap hits, you don’t want to discover that your furnace isn’t working. A furnace repair company, such as Lawes Home Comfort Specialists, can inspect your furnace through a regular maintenance inspection but there are also a few things you can do yourself:
- Change the furnace filter regularly. Look at the filter monthly, you’ll be able to tell if needs to be changed just by looking at it.
- Clear away household items from vents. Remove anything you’ve placed in front of or around your air ducts and return vents to boost air flow.
- Change your thermostat from cooling to heating. Sounds obvious, but is often overlooked.
- Remove window screens and install storm windows. Storm windows help to decrease the amount of heat that can leak through windows increasing energy efficiency.
- Inspect your chimney. Check for obstructions and call on the professionals to clean your ducts.
- Remove all flammable objects from around your furnace and water heater.
- Schedule an appointment to check your furnace. Save time and money by getting regular maintenance on your heating unit.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance and Furnace Repair
Trained Lawes heating repair representatives will travel to your home during an emergency in order to keep your family warm no matter what or when. As a multi-generational family-owned and operated business, we know that nothing is more important than the safety of your family.
The best way to keep your furnace running efficiently and safely is to have it regularly maintained by a certified technician. A thorough maintenance of your furnace can extend the lifespan of your heater by several years. The typical furnace has an average life span of 15 years. With regular maintenance, your furnace may last as long as 20 years.
Energy Efficiency Savings
Throughout the spring and summer months, while your heater is inactive, it accumulates dust and dirt. This puts the internal workings at risk of becoming corrupt which impacts the performance. Mold and bacteria can also build up on the indoor coil of your heating system damaging your heater (leading to big repairs). Regular furnace maintenance can help to prevent problems before they actually happen.
Keep Your Family Comfortable
Regular furnace maintenance is essential for the comfort and safety for your home. Since 1926, Lawes Heating and Cooling Company in New Jersey, has been keeping families comfortable all year round. That’s why we provide certified oil and gas burner technicians, and air conditioning technicians who are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. We extend service and repairs on all brands and models of residential oil or gas-fired heating equipment: furnaces, boilers, hot water heaters, and indirect hot water heaters. Protect your family today, and give us a call at (732)741-6302!