How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
Homeowners rely on their air conditioning units to keep their homes cool when it gets scorching hot outside. An air conditioner also serves to help reduce indoor humidity. AC units that are fully functional will work as they should to ensure that your home is comfortable during the hot months. One aspect to consider is the importance of an air conditioner tune-up. You can avoid costly air conditioner repairs, high energy bills, and a premature air conditioner replacement with annual air conditioner maintenance.
How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 1 How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 2 Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
- 3 Common AC Problems That Regular Maintenance Addresses
- 4 Call Lawes Company For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Read on and find out how an air conditioner tune-up can help you save money.
Lowers Your Power Bills
The US Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that half of the total energy a typical American home utilizes goes to heating and cooling. Therefore, it is only wise to make this expense as budget-friendly as possible. Make sure that your air conditioner is well-maintained so that you get your money’s worth. Some of the problems your cooling system might encounter include dried-up lubrication, dirty coils, clogged HVAC filters, warped evaporator find, and worn-out belts. These issues can significantly affect your system’s efficiency. According to the US DOE, energy consumption can be reduced by as much as 15% when you replace the dirty filter.
AC Repair & Replacement Is Costlier Than Maintenance
A small air conditioner problem that is ignored or neglected can develop into larger problems. Air conditioners that receive annual maintenance can last for 15 years or more. Seasonal air conditioner tune-ups typically cost less than $200, depending on factors such as the unit’s condition and age. However, replacing your old air conditioning unit can cost you $3,000 and more. Air conditioner repair also costs less than replacing your system, but it costs more than getting a tune-up. Therefore, it would be a wiser move to go for the money-saving option.
Neglecting Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
Most air conditioner manufacturers stipulate that you need to ensure that your AC unit receives proper maintenance so that the warranty remains intact. If your air conditioner breaks down because of neglect, the warranty might not cover the costs for repair. Make sure that your cooling system receives proper maintenance annually and that you keep the receipts. This way, you do not have to spend thousands of dollars on air conditioner repairs or replacements when the warranty can cover it.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
Poor indoor air quality should not be ignored as it can be a costly problem to fix. The US Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, states that airborne contaminants can contain mold, bacteria, and other pathogens. These can cause illnesses to your household, such as allergies and asthma. It can also cause structural damage to your home that can be expensive and a hassle to eliminate. After all, the average mold removal costs can be a few thousand dollars.
Air conditioner maintenance includes cleaning the ductwork and replacing dirty air filters. An HVAC expert can also recommend other ways to improve your home’s air quality, including installing a whole-house dehumidifier, ventilator, or air purifier. Be sure to consult with a licensed HVAC contractor to learn more.
Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
As your air conditioner technician conducts yearly tune-ups, they also observe what can be improved to maximize your home’s cooling and comfort. Likewise, they can determine ways to save more money. Some of the tips they might recommend might include sealing the ducts or changing the air filters to ones that are more ideal for your needs and system. It is always a good idea to keep a robust relationship with your HVAC company as they can help you reduce your energy bills throughout the year.
Common AC Problems That Regular Maintenance Addresses
The US Department of Energy states that AC inefficiency and failure are primarily due to dirt build-up and neglect. Some of the AC issues that can be fixed with regular maintenance include:
- A Refrigerant Leak Or Improper Refrigerant Charge: A system that has a 20% refrigerant charge or less means it is undercharged. This can lead to a sudden spike in your cooling bills.
- Electric Control Failure: This issue can be prevented if the fan controls and compressor are in tiptop shape. Electrical control failure can also be caused where there are loose electrical connections, corroded wire and terminals, and dirty contacts.
- Dirty HVAC Filter: Dirty filters block the airflow, which can affect your system’s performance. As a result, your AC will strain to keep your home cool. The dirt can also build up on other parts of your system and cause premature failure and reduced efficiency.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: Your air conditioner also helps reduce your home’s humidity level. During this process, water vapor condenses and is disposed of via a drain linked to your unit. The condensation drain can get clogged, and the excess water can leak out. It can overflow into your system and your home, damaging your walls and floors. A build-up in the drain can also lead to a system breakdown.
- Dirty Coils: Dirt and grime build-up on the coils can reduce your AC’s cooling power. It forces your system to work harder to maintain the set temperature. It also leads to faster wear and tear and increased energy bills.
An air conditioner tune-up is a great investment that provides excellent returns. Therefore, if you haven’t had your cooling system maintained for some time, now is the perfect time to schedule system maintenance. This way, your system’s performance will improve, and you will get more out of it. You will also save more money in the long run.
Call Lawes Company For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
When searching for superior HVAC services in Monmouth and Ocean County, New Jersey, contact Lawes Company. We have the best professionally certified technicians who conduct excellent heating and cooling maintenance, replacements, installations, and repairs. Each of our friendly techs is equipped with extensive knowledge and experience to ensure correct HVAC system services at all times.
Our company has highly affordable and competitive HVAC service rates in the area. We can also help increase your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and more with our maintenance services. If you need repairs or a replacement HVAC unit, we can provide you with the best solution that is budget-friendly. Rest assured, all our work comes with a guarantee. Book your next service appointment by calling Lawes Company today. We provide free, in-home estimates.
Contact us now at (732) 741-6300 to find out more!